No Day But Today

Join me in my travels as I explore the world and its wonders. And then ask yourself, where to next?

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

European Roots


I love Europe. I have loved Europe since the first time I touched down, in 1998, after a difficult time in Thailand. I really like Thailand now. I just didn´t understand it in 1998. It´s very hot there, I think always. It´s busy and crazy and chaotic, and you just have to be in the mood for that. I wasn´t - I was in the mood for Greece.

My second visit to Europe was in 2003, when I first visited Italy. Now that is love!

Everything in Europe is beautiful to me. The art, the architecture, the architecture that is art, the food, the cities, the countryside, the people, the languages, the accented English, all beautiful. And amongst all this beauty, I start to feel it on the inside, down deep, and a special beauty emerges from me that I really enjoy.

My parents were married in London in the early 60`s. My brother was born in Paris, and then they returned to the US where I was born in 1965. Why!?!?!?!?! Why couldn´t I have been born in Europe, whywhywhy?!?!?! I am so European, down deep inside. I really am. I dream in Italian and Spanish and French (not really but I feel in these languages). I don´t know if I could ever keep up with the way the Europeans dress, so fashionable, so chic. But of course you know the real issue here: the passport. I need a passport from a European country! A US passport allows you to be here for three months in any six month period. How could that ever be enough?!?!?!?

My friend in Germany, who I am staying with and traveling with, is a dual citizen. She holds passports to both Germany and the US. I had the good fortune and great honor to attend her swearing in ceremony last year. Now you know MY goal: dual citizenship! But which country...

2 Comments:

Blogger Liana said...

I think you should choose Italy for your dual citizenship, but I'm biased and that's where I want to get dual citizenship to, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me...
I'm excited you have a blog now!

8:32 AM  
Blogger pedro miguel said...

Qui será será, whatever will be will be.... eh eh eh

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home